WELCOME!

We are a group of college students and professionals from Vietnam and the United States. This summer, we are coordinating a youth program for the children who are living at the Buu Tri pagoda and Hoi Tu Thien orphanages in Can Tho, Vietnam. This blog features a variety of pictures, reflections, profiles, and stories about the fun adventures we are having with the kids this summer. We hope you enjoy the blog and have fun along with us!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

An update on the pagoda's littlest girl

Some of you may be interested to hear an update about the newborn who arrived at Buu Tri Pagoda the same day our program kicked off. I wrote about her in one of our first posts.

She does not have a name yet, but I'm guessing she will get one soon. She is doing quite well health-wise, although there is worry that she might be blind. Both of her parents were supposedly blind and she has not shown much response to light or much ability to follow movement with her eyes.

However, when I snapped this picture of her, I swear I saw her squirm a bit, as if to say, "Hey, lady! Can't you see I'm trying to get some sleep right now! Bug off!"

Despite how raucous the "baby hangout" is where her many new siblings live, she sleeps a lot and is eating well. Her first day at the pagoda was my first day, so I feel a special connection with her. She is absolutely adorable, isn't she?

No comments: